Happy Earth Day!
Did you know the water inside our blue bottles has added benefits for your plants over regular tap water. The minerals and nutrients contained in sparkling water and club soda help with plant growth and root development.
But, if you do decide to give your plants sparkling water, make sure it’s flat, because the carbonation can actually stunt the plant’s growth. Trust us, your plants will thank you for it.
Here are a few more water and gardening tips to keep in mind:
- 1. Be careful of overwatering your plants. It’s much easier to bring a dry plant back to life than to dry out overwatered roots.
- 2. Start your day in the garden. Water your plants early in the morning to conserve moisture loss and to prevent mildew or diseases in high humid climates.
- 3. Add color! Adding a few drops of food coloring to your rain gauge makes it easier to read. Try to do it before your next spring shower.
- 4. No waste. The next time you’re in the kitchen and steaming or boiling vegetables, don’t toss the water, save it for your garden! The used water contains nutrients that the plants respond well to.
- 5. Garden vegetables are great and even better when picked at the right time. Make sure to remove them as soon as they are ripe. They have a tendency to over ripen rather quickly and this can attract unwanted pests.
For more gardening tips, visit HGTV. Enjoy the sunshine and your garden!