Have you been looking for some delicious and easy snacks to serve tomorrow for the big game? You’ve come to the right place! We have compiled a list of some of our favorite snacks to have while watching football!
Cheesy Pretzel Twists
1 can biscuit dough
8 cheddar cheese sticks
4 c. water
1/4 c. baking soda
1 large egg, beaten
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- 2. Place cheese sticks on the tray and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Cut each biscuit dough in half and roll into a long strip. Wrap tightly around each frozen cheese stick so that no cheese is exposed. Pinch to seal the edges. Repeat with the remaining cheese sticks and dough.
- 4.In a medium saucepan, combine water and baking soda. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Drop in wrapped cheese sticks and let cook for 1 minute, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to baking sheet, making sure the pretzels aren't touching.
- 5. Brush beaten egg over each pretzel. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Garlic Bread Pizza Dip
2 c. shredded mozzarella
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. ricotta
1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 can refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury Grands)
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
1/4 c. pizza sauce or marinara
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Make dip: In a large bowl combine mozzarella, cream cheese, ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes and season with salt. Stir to combine.
- 2. Halve biscuits and roll into balls. Place in skillet in a ring. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and parsley. Brush on biscuits.
- 3. Place dip inside of ring and spoon over marinara. Top with remaining 3/4 cups mozzarella and mini pepperoni. Sprinkle remaining tablespoon Parmesan all over.
- 4. Bake until biscuits are golden and cheese is melty, about 30 minutes. (Brush biscuits with more olive oil halfway through if necessary.)
5 avocados, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 16-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the avocados, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Stir well. Serve with the tortilla chips.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
12 small rolls, split
- 1. Heat broiler. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 3. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4. Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until the spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5. Remove the sausage from their casings and form into twelve ½-inch-thick patties. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 6. Form sandwiches with the rolls, sausage patties, and vegetable mixture.
2 tsp. olive oil
3/4 lb. fresh chorizo, casings removed
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (15-ounce) can Black Beans, rinsed
8 oz. Tortilla chips
10 oz. sharp Cheddar or pepper Jack cheese, grated (about 2.5 cups)
1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
3/4 c. Fresh salsa
1 avocado, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo, onion, and garlic and cook, breaking chorizo into pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until warm, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3. Spread chips on prepared pan. Spoon chorizo mixture over chips and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and chips are toasted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 4. Serve topped with lettuce, salsa, avocado, cilantro, jalapeños, and sour cream.